Step Up Your Immunity Game
There’s no denying it – life is even busier and more hectic nowadays. In addition to the extra pressures of working from home and remote learning, there’s the now unrelenting stress of supporting immune health. While a whole foods diet, abundant in all colors of the rainbow is one of the pillars of foundational health, often our well-meaning intentions fall short.
It’s life – it happens! Enter high-quality multivitamin/mineral supplements, an effective insurance to help fill these shortfalls.
But how do you choose a multivitamin? With so many choices on the shelves, it’s hard to know what to look for. We’ve summarized the top qualities to look for in a multivitamin/mineral.
- Whole food based: A high-quality multivitamin will provide nutrition as nature intended – from real whole foods. Think vitamin E from sunflower, vitamin K2 from natto, calcium from algae, and vitamin D3 from wild-harvested lichen.
- Raw: It’s important to keep the whole foods in their raw state to capture all the vibrant energy and goodness of nature. Keeping the manufacturing process below a temperature of 118 °F helps preserve the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and phytonutrients naturally abundant in whole foods.
- Meaningful levels of bioavailable nutrients: You want meaningful amounts of each vitamin, mineral, and phytonutrient – not just window dressing! In the supplement facts, look for meaningful amounts of key nutrients, such as vitamins A, B, C, and D and zinc. These immune-supporting nutrients are especially important now.
Also look for vitamins in their bioactive forms (e.g., folate as MTHF, vitamin B12 as methylcobalamin, and vitamin D as D3) to ensure you’re absorbing the nutrients.
- Non-GMO: You buy non-GMO food – your supplements shouldn’t be any different!
- Supply-chain ownership: When tracing ingredients back to their source, it helps to know that the manufacturer of a product is that source. A higher degree of ownership means a greater degree of visibility and control over the finished.
- Third-party certified for purity and potency: Responsible brands go above and beyond to get third-party certification. demonstrates greater accountability on the company’s part and ensures you get the quality and purity you deserve.
For Natural Factors, product integrity starts at the source—Natural Factors Farms in the beautiful Okanagan Valley of British Columbia. Carefully selected, non-GMO, non-hybrid seeds are grown organically in fertile, nutrient-dense topsoil, and harvesting is timed for when plant bioactives are peaking. Picked at their peak and raw processed, these whole foods are the foundation of the Whole Earth & Sea® Multivitamin & Mineral supplements.
Each age- and gender-specific Multivitamin & Mineral provides meaningful amounts of bioactive nutrients. Each tablet is a bountiful harvest of 22 vegetables, 11 fruits, 10 herbs, and 6 sea vegetables.
All Natural Factors supplements, available at natural health retailers, are third-party certified by ISURA. ISURA tests for over 700 allergens, pesticides, solvents, GMOs, heavy metals, and microbes, ensuring the product is pure and safe.
Nutritional status is fundamental for immune health. A quality multivitamin can go a long way in helping fill nutrient shortfalls and supporting your optimal health!